(14) I just discovered a new band...Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband. If you like Nickel Creek, check 'em out! And you've heard of neither, you gotta hear them! And one of their songs is free this week on iTunes.
(15) My favorite (secular) song of all time: Beautiful Oblivion by Eve6. It's fun, has awesome harmonies, and the song gets stuck in my head all the time. And no matter how many times I hear it, I still like it!
(16) I have a very eclectic taste in music. In "secular" music, I like rock...like Eve6, Cold, Seether, etc. In Christian music, I lean towards the acoustic or worship...DCB, Chris Tomlin, Waterdeep, etc. I was lamenting the other day with a friend that I lost my Christian music connection when I graduated high school, and I no longer know how to find good Christian rock bands. :o(
(17) I just got home from worship practice, which is part of the reason music is on my brain. We sang "Let the Praises Ring" by Lincoln Brewster, "Praise Your Name" by Todd Fields, "One Desire" by Joel Houston, and "Intimacy" by Sam Perry. Can I just say that I love, love, love being an alto?
(18) I have had the best day, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is because I had my quiet time! Nothing about my day should have been spectacular, but it was.
(19) One good thing today: my department likes my cooking! I made Devil's Food Cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting...from scratch. :o)
(20) Another good thing: it's pretty much confirmed that I'm getting 5 manuals that have to be revamped before January. That's good because my bosses believe in me enough to give me this huge task and because I have a chance to shine! (Okay, that's pretty spectacular for an un-spectacular day, but the way it happened was totally a God-thing!)
(21) I can attend church on Sunday as a regular person!
(22) I haven't done that in almost a year. Let's see if I know how to concentrate on the service and not deal with everything that might be going wrong!
(23) David Crowder Band has a song named "Turkish Delight" on The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe CD! Well, it's "inspired by" Narnia. Do you know what Turkish Delight is? I don't know how to describe it, but a friend of mine made some for a class project when we were analyzing the theology of TLTWTW. Sorry, I just think it's funny. You'll have to read the book to find out why.
(24) I HAVE to start saving money! But it's not easy. I'm so not used to having money; it's difficult not to spend it on all the things about which I've said "I'll get ____ when I get a real job!" Though I am more selective than I thought I would be. But iTunes and stores keep calling my name!
(25) I am a book junkie.
(26) I go to the library! But after I read a book I like, I still go and buy it. BUT at least I know I like it before I buy!