Monday, July 04, 2005

the countdown has begun

I apologize to all readers if I have been overly pessimistic lately. Can I just say the real world sucks. I am tired of being responsible, of living up to everyone's expectations, of getting the job done when other people slack off.

I will be glad when I am back at home, when this job is over. Everything is done at the last minute, and there's a lot of times when I have to help scramble, even when I've already been working all day, just because someone didn't think ahead. I don't have a job description; I just do everything that hasn't already been done. One of my issues - which I figure I have to get over fast - is that I'm telling these people that we're dealing with that something is going to get done, and then someone doesn't follow through!

Okay, that's enough!

Tomorrow, the "scholars" get here. The pandemonium begins! It should be fun, crazy, hard...all of the above and more.

Luckily, I was able to get rest this weekend at home, just chillin' with the animals on Saturday night. My dog has gotten very loveable since I have been away. It used to be that he would only stay on the bed until I fell asleep then sleep underneath the bed, but I woke up several times the other night, and he was still right beside me. And of course, the lummox of a boxer named Tsunami was right up against me on the other side...you try to move 60 pounds in the middle of the night to get more room!

And I watched "First Daughter" last night on pay-per-view. Yeah, I know...out of everything I could watch, I watched that?!?!? Well, it was cheaper than the other movies I wanted to watch (like the Interpreter and Hitch). And I wanted fluff...which it definitely was. The movie's premise is basically the same as "Chasing Liberty" with Mandy Moore, but I definitely liked Katie Holmes better than Mandy. The end could use some work, but the rest of the movie made up for a less-than-stellar movie.

So, happy Fourth, everyone! I hope to get back to my blog soon, but I can't promise anything until the 14th, when the first forum ends. See ya!

No comments: