Sunday, July 17, 2005

okay, but this is the last straw...

While the title of this blog comes from several different places, I am mostly thinking of "Office Space." Great movie - a new classic! If you have EVER worked for a large company before, you would appreciate it.

Can I just say that I don't think I was cut out for full-time work? I am TIRED of having something to do every second of the day! Why can't I pick a job that IS 9 to 5, nothing more? I think I had that before at UCS, but I didn't appreciate it because I went home and did homework every night. Now, I go from having one part-time job to a couple jobs that equal well over full-time! I cannot WAIT until I am done with NYLF! Not that I haven't had a good time, but not having a minute to yourself for a long period of time is very draining.

I had this weekend off and I am now up at the office on Sunday evening, really bitter about the fact that I am here. My boss somehow thinks I have a lot to do before the next batch of students come on Tuesday, when I basically sat around, twiddling my thumbs last time, trying to look busy so I wouldn't get in trouble! A couple days off just wasn't enough.

I have great friends, I gotta tell you. Katie and Josh came down from Dallas and we hung out all weekend. They had other things to do, so I was able to get the little bit of work done that I needed, AND they understood that I needed time to myself as well. Last night, we just vegged on my couch and watched movies - "Legally Blonde" and "Office Space." We also watched a few scenes of "The Italian Job" just because we kept quoting Seth Green and I wanted to watch the real thing. But doing nothing, with no projects, papers, or work hanging over my head was FANTASTIC! I can't wait to do it again! I vow for the next two weeks, during our second forum, that I will take more time for myself - have fun with the other staff members and not take myself (and this job) so seriously.

Who wants to take bets on how long that will last? I'm pretty certain that I will be burnt out by the time I get to move home. Which, by the way, is a pretty nice place! Hotels are great, but my bed is still very appealing. Number one, I sleep with my dog. Number two, I love my sheets, even if they are less expensive than at the Renaissance. Especially the set on my bed right now - Ralph Lauren sheets that were a birthday present a couple years ago. Number three, I am always the perfect temperature in MY room, while I cannot find that temp in my hotel room - it's either too hot or too cold. Number four, it's at home!

Now that you have heard me babble about hotel living for the umpteenth time, I'm going to get back to work! Maybe I can quit early if I play my cards right! (Fat chance, but it's worth wishing, isn't it?)

No comments: