Thursday, September 15, 2005

Randomness

So I promise to set aside some time this weekend to update everyone on my job! I'm loving it, by the way. Tonight, I want to prove to myself that I don't need to write a novel every time I write a blog. So here's something that made me smile today. You know those day-of-the-year calendars (there's also a book) that have "5 things to be happy about"? One of today's items was updating your wish list. Which definitely makes me happy! So here are my latest wants:

- Canon PowerShot SD450. The new digital Canon Elph! It's basically affordable, and it's a great resolution. I want to take more pictures, which I don't want to do with my present, sucky camera (the lens won't even stay open!)
- an iPod? I haven't decided about this one, because it also means I'll spend more money on iTunes.
- a truck or SUV. Yes, I love my Saturn and yes, they guzzle gas, but I love 'em. I covet my friends' Ford F150 FX4...but THAT'S not gonna happen. I definitely don't have any reason to have a car like that...but it's still cool. My favorite of the moment is the new Honda Ridgeline (I love the in-bed trunk!), but it's a *little* beyond my budget.
- an apartment! Though I have freedom living "at home," I want a place to call my own! Where everything is mine. someplace that my blood, sweat and tears (and hard-earned cash!) gave me the ability to live.
- a need that has become a want: new glasses! I sit in front of my computer all day, and I can feel my eyes straining, getting dry and making it harder to concentrate. My dilemma: wait until my insurance kicks in next January, or shell out the moolah now?
- a small want: ice cream! I crave sweet stuff in the late afternoon and at night. It's a good thing that I don't crave it at times when I can actually get it (like on the drive home)...that way I don't indulge *too* often. My favorite right now: Cold Stone Creamery's Peanut Butter Cup Perfection, Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup or Starbucks' Mocha Java. (Baskin Robbin's Peanut Butter 'n Chocolate should be in there, too.)

Good night, all! I will write again this weekend!

No comments: